Awards and Recognition Application Information
WAEOP is pleased to recognize the accomplishments of office professionals and administrators. It is an opportunity to honor those we work with each day and acknowledge the important work they do to support students and staff in public education.
*Please note: Application Forms available to complete on the computer and print.
AFFILIATE OF THE YEAR – Eligibility and Application Form (in PDF)
EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATOR OF THE YEAR– Eligibility and Application Form (in PDF)
EDUCATIONAL OFFICE PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR – Eligibility and Application Form (in PDF)
AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE IN COMMUNICATION – Eligibility and Application Form (in PDF)
(District, Internal; District External; Building and Affiliate)
PAULA THOMAS DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD- Nomination and selection by the WAEOP Board
Click here for a list of past recipients Paula Thomas Award Recipients 1992-current
WAEOP AWARDS GUIDELINES
1. All WAEOP members are eligible to nominate. They may nominate as an affiliate or individual member. They are eligible to nominate any candidate that meets the guidelines. It is not required that they work for the same school district, college, educational service district, etc. The publication award categories are “self nominating” entries.
2. The original and five (5) copies of the application must be submitted. Do not send scrapbooks, newspaper clippings or any other materials. The nominator must submit all documentation at one time and no materials will be returned.
3. WAEOP’s winners in the categories of Educational Administrator of the Year and Educational Office Professional of the Year will be forwarded to NAEOP by the state association.
4. Applications must be postmarked by February 1st.. Completed packets should be mailed directly to the judging committee chairman for each category.
5. All candidates and the sponsoring WAEOP members and/or affiliates will be notified immediately after the judge’s decisions are final.
6. An inscribed plaque will be presented to the winners at the WAEOP Spring Conference. Certificates will be mailed to all nominees.
7. Applications that do not follow the guidelines will be disqualified (i.e., insufficient number of copies, incorrect number of letters and extraneous materials).
8. No fee is required for any of the award categories.
9. Each committee is made up of a panel of judges consisting of WAEOP members. The individual judges represent different districts, schools and/or educational service districts.
For more information and to request a copy of the above forms, contact the Awards Chair at Awards@waeop.com